Re: [ANN]: slimmed down boot-9, revision 1

Maciej Stachowiak writes:
 > Greg Harvey wrote:
 > >
 > >         * transcend.scm: new module, containing the transcendental
 > >         functions
 > >

 > A slimmed down boot-9 is a good thing, but removing these functions is a
 > bad
 > idea, as I believe they are needed to be RnRS compliant (otherwise, only
 > versions whose name is prefixed with a dollar sign are defined).

R4RS does not require support for general real numbers. Thus the transcendental
functions are not required as essential procedures. If an implementation does
provide support for general real numbers, then those functions should be
implemented.
As consequence, if the transcendentals get factorized out as optionally
loadable module, then all support floating reals should.
--
Klaus Schilling