Re: "Current" solution for generalized set!

At 11:54 PM 12/17/98 +0100, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
>Here's a summary of the properties of generalized dynamic set! as they
>look now:

Your proposal reminds me of funcallable-instances, fin's, of PCL.  These
were functions with slots.  Fin's were the building blocks that generic
functions were built on top of.

To provide some statistics, out of 10,121 generic functions 2731 or 26% of
them are setf methods.  For the most part, they set slots in objects.

>5. The properties in 4 hold independently of Goops.  The classes in 1
>   are "pasted on" afterwards by Goops, just as for the other
>   primitive types (<symbol> etc).
>
>6. (define-metod (add-method! ((g <getter-with-setter>) (m <method>)))
>     (add-method! (getter g) m))
>
>   (This assumes that add-method is a generic.  Does anyone know if
>    there is a special reason why add-method isn't a generic in
>    tiny-clos?)

I don't think theres a big reason why add-method is not generic in Tiny.
It calls compute-apply-generic which is generic.  In Common Lisp,
add-method is generic.