Re: Setter argument order in getter-with-setters

>What is not nice about the first convention is that it is incompatible
>with *all* currently existing setters.

True, but I think that's tough luck. Whenever you try to generalise
something you often find that what you were doing before wasn't
abstracted properly. Not a good enough reason to keep doing the wrong
thing though.

>It is common that the first argument is a data structure.  Then one
>could use the convention:
>(SETTER A1 V A2 ...)
  >
>which would be compatible with set-car!, array-set! and Goops getters.

I still think it's conceptually wrong. It wouldn't work for vector-set!

for example, which would need to be (SETTER A1 A2 V). Better

to go with (SETTER V A1 A2) and be done with it.