Re: setf.scm

>Consider the one of the classic motivations:  Drawing different kinds of
objects of >different kinds of displays/printers.  This is only interesting
if it is extensible >in both dimensions:  One can add new graphics objects
>as well as new display types.

It seems to me you've just identified a classic case where multi-methods
are great.
You need to dispatch on two parameters, so who wants code bloat and less
maintainable code by making your own customised dispatch mechanism, when
you can
have something built into the object system? That's a bit like arguing you
shouldn't have an OO system at all, because if you code your own dispatch
explicitely
you can customise it more. Let's all build our own OO system - not.

>Now suppose I want to draw something
>for with there is no exact match.

If you can't get the built in dispatch to do what you want then MOP?