Re: Matching parentheses in Guile

>     Russ> The utility of readline in guile is lost on me; I think it
>     Russ> just bloats the guile core. (ducks from hail of rotten
>     Russ> vegetables)

As far as code size goes:

    $ size readline.lo readline.o
       4093     173     128    4394    112a readline.lo
       3345     173     128    3646     e3e readline.o
    $ uname -a
    SunOS zwingli.cygnus.com 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

So it's about 4k.

But there's also design bloat to worry about.  When we have dynamic
library modules properly integrated into Guile at build-, install- and
run-time, we can remove readline.c from the core.