Re: Matching parentheses in Guile

RM> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:
>> Russ McManus <russell.mcmanus@gs.com> writes:
>>
>> > (dabbrev _rulez_)
>>
>> Have you tried `hippie-expand'?

RM> Yes, I've got that bound as well, but it's a little too random about
RM> the expansions it chooses for my taste.  Dabbrev is nice because my
RM> puny brain can predict what the expansion will be most of the time.  I
RM> like the cross buffer aspect of hippie-expand, though.

"Cross buffer"? On Xemacs at least, dabbrev does cross buffer
expansion. Oh, now that I go check up on things (learning from
mistakes: check docs before posting...), you want
dabbrev-check-all-buffers set to non-nil. Seems to be default on my
system. There are other variables, so I guess you could spend the day
setting up dabbrev for optimal usage. There is nothing as dangerous as
configurable features.

	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden