guile-lang-allover and Guile 1.4

Hello!  My name is Neil Jerram.  I've been lurking around on this list for a
few weeks and learnt a lot already about generational GC and hash tables!  I
think I'm ready now to get stuck in and ask my first question...

I'm interested in writing a Guile parser for a simple graphics plotting
language that I used during my PhD.  So I looked around and discovered the
guile-lang-allover package, which contains code for a lexer, lr0 and lr1
parser.  Unfortunately, the latest version of guile-lang-allover (from
ftp://ftp.red-bean.com) seems to be a little out of step with the latest
Guile 1.4.  I would be very happy to work on bringing the parser code in
this package up to date, but first I thought it would be sensible to ask a
few questions:

(1) Is anyone already actively maintaining or working on this package?
(2) Is the package obsolete, because similar functionality is now available
elsewhere?
(3) Is anyone else using this code - and would it be useful to you for it to
be updated for Guile 1.4?

That's all for now.  Regards,

    Neil