Re: too complicated is not the issue

Clayton Weaver wrote:

> So you design this small, fast, nimble helicopter, and you call it
> scheme. How likely is it that this new helicopter is going to become
> a useful daily commuter vehicle?
>
> "Well, we weren't design a 4-seater subcompact." Exactly.

This is a very good point! It's sort of like the people who believe that
Linux will never take off because it doesn't look, walk, and quack
exactly like another OS whose name begins with a "W". It was never
supposed to *BE* that "W" OS and the idea of turning it into that OS
runs contrary to the idea of having Linux in the first place. Same
applies here. If you want Tcl, you know where to find it. :)

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>/ http://genpc.home.ml.org
Unix / Linux / Windows Hacker,  / Boycott Microsoft!
Anime & Sonic Fan,             / Use Linux/GNU!
All Around Nice Guy           / Let's keep the Net and the Land FREE!