Re: Creating environments/frames ?

russell.mcmanus@gs.com writes:
> > I am trying to integrate GUILE into LilyPond, and I have questions.
> > Please forgive, I am a newbie: I have never really used Scheme.
>
> Good luck to you.  I will try to help.
>
> > I want to integrate scheme frames into C++ classes, in the following
> > manner: there are classes Paper and Graphical_object (with concrete
> > derivations Beam and Stem), that currently basically look like
>
> I can't tell from your post why you want to integrate frames into your
> application.  Usually these are Scheme data structures that are
> manipulated only by the Scheme system.  I think there is probably a
> different way to accomplish your goal that uses guile in a more
> traditional fashion.

I want to move structures that are now in C++ to scheme.  A C++ class
provides a (compile time) namespace, I want to move that to  a
run-time namespace in scheme.

I want different C++ objects (with scheme embedded) to be linked by
C++ pointers.  I want to access these other objects from the Scheme
code, and I want access to these pointers from C++.

(The reason for this, is that I want to do "reverse GC": I want to
remove an object, and have all references to it disappear
automagically)

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys, hanwen@cs.uu.nl ** GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter
      http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond/index.html