rationals in guile?

Hello:

some time ago there was a discussion about implementation of
rationals in guile. So far as I understood, there was not much
interest in this topic here. Nevertheless, I think, it is
important to have support for rationals in some future (in
particular, I'd like to have rationals in guile; but I'm not sure
that I'll have time to work on their implementation in the nearest
time). Does implementation of rationals (in accordance with r4rs
or r5rs) necessarily mean that there must be a special tag for
them in SCM (and other low-level changes in representation)? If
yes, then, I think, it is extremely desirable to foreseen all the
necessary changes now, before the whole structure of scheme data
types is finaly established.

--
Best regards,
	V.Kamyshenko.