Re: ILU 2.0alpha13 - Guile Scheme ORB

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de> writes:

> What are the advantages of ILU over ORBit which is now used with GNOME?

I'm not aware of their being a guile binding for Orbit, and I'm sure
there are not as may different langauage bindings for Orbit, as ILU
has.

My understanding is that ILU was what GNOME originally intended to
use, but the license scared them off, and Bill was nice enough to get
the license clarified.  I think it would be smart to mvoe back to ILU,
but then again, I havent ever looked at GNOME so I'm talkin out my
ass.  ILU does both CORBA IDL (with a small number of restrictions),
and it's own interface definition language.  It has network garbage
collection as well.  Since it can also do it's communications via
HTTP, it can go thru firewalls very easily.

Just read the home page and you'll see the large number of protocols
and languages supported.