Re: So, who's maintaining the module registry?

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On second thought, maybe (database ...) is a better prefix to avoid
> confusion with Berkely `db'. But on second second thought that is
> annoyingly verbose.

I'm in favour of (database ...):

'db is cryptic -- I very well remember my first difficulties with UN*X's
short commands. Even today there are situations where I think: Hey, there
was a little tool that did this or that, but what was it's name? I'm
surprised that groups like the GNOME folks claim to provide a user
friendly environment and then create a mailreader which is called 'balsa'.
Nobody is going to appreciate that you have to learn a whole new set of
vocabs in order to use the very basic tools.

'db is more obvious, but nothing can beat the clearness of 'database.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann