Re: Scheme style auto-resizing hashtable

Jay Glascoe <jglascoe@jay.giss.nasa.gov> writes:

 > what do the STk hash tables look like?  Are they vectors and pairs
 > of basic Scheme types or are they opaque and implemented as C structures?
 > Can you write procedures in Scheme to operate on the internals of the hash
 > table?  Can you "read" and "write" them to/from a file?

They use the TCL hash tables.  They're opaque from scheme but they
probably could be modified to be more transparent.  You can read them
& write them to/from files using, e.g. hash-table->list, which
requires rehashing.  Other than that, I'm not so familiar with the
internals - I haven't read the code carefully.

--
Harvey J. Stein
BFM Financial Research