Guile numerical work and uniform arrays

Dear numerical scheme enthusiasts,

Jim Blandy has asked me if I could get some people together for a
private discussion of uniform arrays and other Guile features needed
to support scientific computing.

The motivation is the following: uniform arrays (kind of like vectors,
but the elements are all the same size, thus allowing storage similar
to a C array) make Scheme a convincing language for numerical work,
but the current design and API could do with some improvements.

Jim would like those of us who use Guile for numerical work to put
forth a recommendation on how the API for uniform arrays can be
improved.

If you are interested in talking about this, please send me email and
I will put together an informal private list for discussing the issue.