workings of gh_string2scm

Hi,

As a simple user (not one of the glorious developers. Kudos! B-) ) I
would like to
know wether the functions

       gh_string2scm(char* s, int len)
and
       gh_string02scm(char*)

copy the data contained in the char array?

The wording of  the documentation could be read yaey or neay
(to me, a native german speaker at least)

If you can answer me I will show my gratitude by sending a patch to the
documentation B-)
(hmmm...... to whom do I send such a patch?)

TIA

mfg lutz

Lutz Behnke                             Tel.:   040 / 766 29 2708
TC TrustCenter for Security             Fax.:   040 / 766 29 577
in Data Networks GmbH                   email: behnke@trustcenter.de
Am Werder 1
21073 Hamburg, Germany