Re: getopt-long.scm (was: Re: getop-gnu-style.scm)

korb@data-design.com writes:
> Russ McManus wrote:
>
> > Please try this out, suggestions welcome.
> >
> > -russ
>
> Please try _this_ out, suggestions welcome:
>
>     ftp://egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/infrastructure/autogen.tar.gz
>
> Examine the "Automated Options" chapter of
>
>     autogen-4.4.3/doc/autogen.info*
>
> If you choose to build to test/play, then configure it
> with:  --disable-shared (unless your box happens to work).
>
> Here is the intro to the options chapter:
>
> Autoopts Features

Oi. I understand how your basic getopt works, but it seems once you
try to make a package that does more, no one can agree how to get it
right. I've heard of autogen/autoopts, argp and popt so far. I wish
people could agree on a universal standard.

Also, from glancing at the source, there doesn't seem to be any Guile
interface yet.

 - Maciej Stachowiak