Re: awk imitation with guile

>  > The Scheme48 license isn't Open Source because it requires you to give
>  > the authors notice for commercial use.  In a business context, where
>  > you're trying to keep things secret until their release, this could be
>  > annoying.  I think the FSF would say this isn't quite Free software
>  > either.
>
> It's semi-free.

Okay. :)

>  > Note that SCSH just inherited its license from Scheme48.  I know Olin
>  > is very much in favor of free software, and I'd bet he'd entertain the
>  > notion of releasing the SCSH code (considered separately from the
>  > Scheme48 code also included in the SCSH distribution) under the GPL as
>  > well.
>  >
> Does scsh take nontrivial code from scheme48, thus making it a derived work?

Most of SCSH is written in Scheme, and it just runs on top of
Scheme48.  It adds a few C functions to Scheme48, for regexp matching
and such.  It is quite separable from Scheme48.  Olin and Brian are
the authors of everything that we really need.

> Btw I originally mentioned Bevan's bawk package for r4rs in this
> thread.  I was now able to contact Bevan and he allows to use,
> modify and redistribute it in any way, expecting an informal
> acknowledgement.  A. Jaffer also wrote an interface from bevan's
> packages for slib.

If you would like to package that up for Guile and post it, we could
include it in the contrib area.