Re: Module editing; debugging with gdb

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> I think you'll just need to LOAD the file again.  Re-evaluating
> the use-modules expression doesn't reload anything.  However, load
> won't affect the repl's current module:

Yep, thanks.  This is what I've been using for a while now, and it works
pretty well.

> > 2) Debugging scheme objects from within GDB is pretty painful.  I see
> > the gdbint files under libguile, but am not sure how to use them.  Could
> > someone with experience debugging Scheme objects under GDB explain their
> > setup, techniques, and maybe post example interactions?

<snip>

> I'll ask Mikael for permission to post his GDB patches.

I've been using the .gdbinit file posted here (and since reposted by me
for Maciej) and it is a joy to use.  Makes debugging scheme objects from
gdb manageable.  I'd be interested to know what extra features the GDB
patches provide.

Thanks,
Greg