No Subject

Thanks for your interest in guile.  Let me try to address your points
in order.

We've removed the links to the docs because they are under heavy
renovation, and are (at this point) less helpful than worthwhile.

I wrote the originals of both sets of web pages, and maintain the
pages at red-bean.  Jim Blandy and I are trying to resynch the pages
at this point.  Once they are the same (with a couple of cosmetic
differences), there will be no point in referring them to one another.

Guile is not dead, rather it is moving toward the critical mass needed
to 'hit the big time'.  I'd recommend that you subscribe to the
guile mailing list at 'guile-request@cygnus.com' for a more accurate
look ath the state of the language.

Instead of commenting on the rest of your questions, I'll defer to the
community on the mailing list.

-pate