Re: numbers.[ch]

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> 8) The following two functions are used in numbers.c only, but only one of
>    them is defined (depending on the #ifdef structure.) I don't quite
>    understand what they are doing (strange conversion code and comments
>    are for wimps).
>
>    scm_pseudolong
>    scm_longdigs

These are used for converting longs to arrays (normally of length 2)
of BIGDIG for passage to functions expecting bignums.  The second one
is used on Cray machines, where sizeof(BIGDIG)==sizeof(long), the
first where 2*sizeof(BIGDIG)<=sizeof(long).

I can't see any plausible use for these outside of numbers.c.