Re: awk imitation with guile

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de> writes:

> Is there an elegant way of imitating awk functionality (not syntax) based on
> guile's built-in string-fun and regex modules?
> There is an awk imitation for r4rs on the repository which uses its own
> string manipulation functions, but I'm not sure about the licensing
> conditions (that's a problem with a lot of the repository stuff), and using
> guile-builtins might preserve performance too.

The awk macro in guile-scsh might be what you're looking for.  You
will probably need to read the relevant section of the Scsh manual
to use this macro effectively.

It is quite powerful, but performance is suspect, at least in guile.
Please let me know if you have any question/problems.

-russ

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?  [ OK ]