Re: numbers.[ch]

> If there is interest, I could take a closer look which functions could be
> made static in numbers.c and provide a patch.

Yes, that would be very helpful.  I haven't looked at that at all.

Keep in mind that people using the Guile library will want to
manipulate bignums themselves, so constructors and accessors at some
level need to be visible.  The ability to do arithmetic on them isn't
really enough --- there ought to be a way to convert between bignums
and strings of digits in base 256 (one byte == one digit) and back.

I would love to have Guile support rational numbers.

Would someone be willing to do a benchmark comparing GMP with Guile's
bignums?