release schedule

Assuming I can manage to be moderately unlame for the next week and a
half, I'd like to have a pre-release of Guile 1.3 out by this Sunday
(October 4th), and do the real release on Wed Oct 7.

This release will obviously not include a manual; I hope it will be
the last such release.  After this, I'm not going to work on any new
features; I'm just going to fix bugs and work on the manual.