Re: OOP and Relationship to the Guile Module System

Jim Blandy writes:

 > Mikael Djurfeldt was really hot to give Guile a Meta-Object Protocol,
 > which is (if my very shaky understanding serves me) a way to customize
 > the implementation of the object system itself, in a class-like
 > manner.  So, although the current module system isn't designed right
 > to give things like this reasonable performance, it's conceivable
 > that, by using different meta-classes, you could implement classes
 > this way and get decent performance.
 >
 > But I must admit that I don't really understand the art of the
 > meta-object protocol... which I should...

Mathematical set theory and logics has to be careful about avoiding antinomies
like those of Russel, Burali-Forte and Cantor, all caused by meta-sets.
Zermelo's set axioms eliminate the danger of antinomies.

 May an improperly designed meta-stuff protocol also lead to antinomies?
How are they avoided in CLOS ?

Klaus Schilling