Re: Guile Startup Time Suggestion

    Harvey> In general I'd expect all sorts of cross pointers between
    Harvey> the mmapped segments.  Many of the mmapped segments come
    Harvey> from the shared libraries.  They can get mapped
    Harvey> differently for each invocation of the program.

 So every variable and function lookup would have to be done using a
 layer of indirection via a symbol table.  Hmmm.  ... and when a .so
 got pulled in, it would need to run an init function that interns all
 of its symbols in that table.

 I wonder how Clisp and the other lisps and schemes that have `fasl'
 files do it?