Re: forthcoming object system

> I've seen a skeleton of the forthcoming guile object system in the new
> snapshots, probably an undocumented feature whose usage is yet strictly
> discouraged.

Do you mean objects.[ch]? I think Mikael startet working on a object system
called "goops":

(define cl (make-class-object <operator-metaclass> "pwpwpw"))
(set-object-procedure! cl (lambda (a . x) (display x)))
(define ob (make-struct cl 0 (make-struct-layout 'pwpwpw)))
(ob 1) -> (1)

The problem with the current implementation is that it is based on
structs, which  aren't very well designed (IMHO). In a dynamic typed
language like guile a class should be an object and vice versa.

> Will it be possible to access modules defined in scheme in the new built-in

Are you talking about Objects or Modules?

Jost