Re: HTTP Server

  [Shadow HTTP server]

  RM> This sounds really neat. Another http server is available in
  RM> Scheme, and I would eventually like to port it to guile. It is
  RM> the http server written for scsh. You may want to check it out;
  RM> the scsh folks have already done much of the thinking about the
  RM> practical aspects of writing a http server in scheme.

True, the su-net server[1] is well designed. With scsh's static heap
compiler it also provides good performance: a 1.8MB executable
(Linux/x86), 900KB RSS, pretty fast at serving scsh scripts. I run it
in conjunction with Apache, on a separate port, using mod_proxy to map
a certain part of the web space to the su-net server for running CGIs.

The jael server sounds very interesting: I didn't know such a thing
existed. Perhaps it could be added to the Volunteer Projects Page?

[1] http://www-pu.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/users/sperber/software/sunet/

--
Eric Marsden
emarsden @ mail.dotcom.fr