Re: Guile Startup Time Suggestion

>"Wade Humeniuk" writes:
>> Have Guile always running, as a user process
>> or as a system daemon.
>
> "Perry Metzger" writes:
>I personally don't see this as an acceptable solution. I find it to be
>rather, er, unclean...
>
>Perry

This comment is indicative of the search for elegance that I have
detected in the Guile mail.  I have read things like -- the C interface
needs redefining; its not clean enough; its not consistent;
when can we have the next release?  I know things are not
clean and I fall into that trap alot.  It is very much a trap.

But the startup time IS large and it will not magically go away!
Startup time is fundamentally related with how Guile is loaded,
which is directly related with the operating system.  To get
system to start Guile faster will take a system change, not a Guile change.

For most applications which embed Guile startup time is not an
issue.  Startup time is extremely important in scripting.  Gordon
Matzigkeit coments in regards to GUSH are factual and deal
with the problem.

Maybe computer software will be "clean" in a 100 years, but
I doubt it.  Effective, yes, clean, no.