Re: guile: going the way of DEATH

    Jim> gh_ has some gaps, as I said in a previous message.

    Jim> The function vs. macro debate is an old one between myself
    Jim> and Mark Galassi (gh_'s author).  It's not a cut-and-dried
    Jim> decision in all cases, but certain things should definitely
    Jim> be macros.  I just need to introduce Mark to the muzzle of my
    Jim> Saturday Night Special, and this'll get straightened out,
    Jim> toute suite.

Is a Saturday Night Special a kind of gun?  I still stick to my
opinion on functions vs. macros, but I have been relenting out of
loyalty to you the maintainer: recent one-line additions/modifications
to gh_ have been implemented with macros, much as I hate doing so.

On the other hand, I don't see you taking all of the non-R4RS stuff
(UNIX calls and all) out of libguile and making it separate, which has
always been my gripe :-)