Re: backtrace on error.

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> > I tried putting:
> >
> >    (debug-enable 'backtrace)
> >
> > into my guile script, but I'm still not seeing backtraces when an
> > error occurs.  I see the backtrace if I (load "script") & run the
> > appriate fcns, and I don't see a backtrace if I run the script itself
> > from the command line.
> >
> > Is this the expected behavior?  If so, how do I get it to always
> > display a backtrace?  If not, any ideas of what I'm doing wrong/how to
> > fix it?
>
> Without looking into this carefully, I think this is what I wanted to
> fix in the following pre-1.3 item:
>
> 	* always show line number in error messages

OK.

The explanation is that backtraces are printed by the error handler in
the top repl.  Scripts are loaded by a simple load outside of the
repl.

It would be nice to have a single error handler which could be used
both by the gh repl, the normal repl (BTW, why should we have two
repls?) and when doing things outside of the repl.

/mdj

P.S.  I've just returned from a nice, long journey through California
      and Arizona.  You really have some marvelous nature there!