Re: Guile Docs on the web site

Hello!

I like the design of the new website, but I also have some suggestions for
improvement.

> What is Guile?
>
>        GUILE, GNU's Ubiquitous Intelligent Language for Extension, is a
>        library implementation of the Scheme language plus
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This could link to RnRS, for those who don't know about scheme.

>        various convenient facilities. It's designed so that you can link
>        it into an application or utility to make it extensible. Our plan
>        is to link this library into all GNU programs that call for
>        extensibility.

Maybe some examples could be mentioned/linked to, such that everybody
immediately gets the idea? Not everybody knows about the possibility and
benefits of embedding an interpreter in their code. I, for example, heard
about such an idea two years ago. Still, I hesitated for some time.

A link to a scheme examples page would be allright also.

In the next section, I suggest adding links to the tcl, perl, python etc.
sites, whichever are mentioned. Since the text is picking on these
languages, it's a matter of good style to offer the chance for everybody
to inform themselves about them.
Further, what is very important I think, this section needs a link to an
example page where some example code in all these languages is shown for
comparison. Otherwise, 'guile is better' is just a cheap claim. BTW: The
'CVS Script' thread with its comparison of some guile and perl
implementation shows, that such a comparison is also beneficial for
getting ideas a for future development of guile.

So far for my suggestions, just trying to be constructive. Again: I like
the design of the page!

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann