Re: Can the Guile library be reentrant

Didier Verna <verna@inf.enst.fr> writes:

> strubin@rulabinsky.com (Steven Rubin) writes:
>
> > I would like to point out, however, that there is a "competitor" to Guile
> > that has been around for over 10 years and solves this problem: ELK (the
> > extension language toolkit).  Like Guile, it is Scheme.  Here's a URL:
> >
> > http://www-rn.informatik.uni-bremen.de/software/elk/elk.html
> >
> > You probably already know about ELK, and you're all busily composing flames
> > to me about why it is so inferior to Guile.  I don't care about that.
>
> 	No, but I for one would be interested if people knowing both systems
> could give us an overview of the major differences, inconvenients, benefits of
> the two.

Let's make it 3.  Anybody know anything about "Scheme in One Defun"?

http://people.delphi.com/gjc/siod.html

In particular, it looks as though KIllustrator (a drawing program for
KDE) is considering using SIOD instead of guile (perhaps they don't know
about guile) as a scripting language for their application.

Perhaps a guile proponent should suggest to the devs that they consider
guile?  See:

http://wwwiti.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~sattler/killustrator.html

(SIOD is mentioned as the last related link).

Greg