Re: Things I like about numbers (Re: Serious eq? bug?)

> From: Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow@mit.edu>

> Actually, the standard says that identifiers cannot begin with a
> character that can begin a number, but obviously Guile has extended
> the range of allowed identifiers.

Not quite.  It says that a sequence of <alphanumeric> characters
that begins with a character that cannot begin a number _is_
an identifer.  It doesn't require anything _not_ to be an
identifier, except by requiring it to be something else.

Thus, Guile is kosher if it accepts '-a as an identifier,
but your program is non-portable if you ask it to.

--
     --Keith

This mail message sent by GNU emacs and Linux.
Food, Shelter, Source code.