Re: Website documentation + Question on gh_eval_file_with_catch

Dirk Herrmann <dirk@ida.ing.tu-bs.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> The documentation on the websites is horribly old. It's not a matter of
> release 1.3 not being released yet: The documentation is still from the
> 1.1a release of guile. This is also true for the developers web site.

	Truly true! Please, people, keep the doc more or less up to date. This
is a real showstopper for new contributors to come (e.g. me ;-)) I've already
spend some time debugging a quite simple application because you don't
terminate a gh_list with SCM_EOL as said in the doc, but with
SCM_UNDEFINED. Things like that are really boring :-(

	BTW, the function gh_eval_file_with_catch currently (1.2) uses only
the standard handler, regardless of the handler you provide. Since I'm
curious, I patched it to use my handler, and it seems to work. So I'm
wondering if it's a bug, or if there's really something unimplemented behind,
as suggested the comment ("Fixme: not there yet.").

Thanks.

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /      E.N.S.T. INF C214        mailto:verna@inf.enst.fr