Re: Process communication with Guile

> The problems I am interested in (solving of partial differential
> equations) usually can be decomposed in such a way that a rather small
> set of basic operations operating on large amounts of data are
> combined to more complicated constructs.  This seems to be a perfect
> place for using Guile as control language.  But since the interpreter
> is quite large I would prefer to do it in such a way, that Guile is
> sort of a client process to a server process written in C or C++ which
> does the hard work.  This construction would also allow to execute the
> client and server on different machines which might be very useful.

I think your system would be cleaner if Guile and your primitives were
in the same process.  The protocols for communicating between
processes like this can be a real distraction.

Is Guile's size the only reason you're considering this?  I think that
could be a fine reason, I'm just interested in why people are making
the choices they do.