redirecting REPL output

I'm writing a server that wants to use Guile for its client interface.
It looks like Guile has nice support pre-build in gh_repl() and
scm_shell() (from reading Info docs and "guile.c").

My problem is that this code uses stdin/stdout, and I want it to talk to a
fd (pre-opened) instead. I assume this is possible (and would hate not to
use such a nice interface), but can't find the answer in the docs.

Thanks for any help.

Eric Buddington
ebuddington@wesleyan.edu