Hobbit - some notes

I just tested hobbit and I must say I'm quite impressed (after having
to port nontrivial software from SCM to Guile, I know the
feeling). Here is a short wishlist - things I'd really like to see;
not that I'm in any hurry:

  1) Support for uniform array literals. These look like #i(1.0 2.0)
etc., and would make compilation of my software MUCH easier, as I used
these a lot. Even scm_eval_string("#i(1.0 2.0 3.0)") with the result
stored in a variable would be great, as it'd be done only once.

  2) not trying to compile ice-9 : ice-9 currently seems to be in
state of flux and old version of ice-9 that arrives with hobbit breaks
the new snapshots (perhaps configure --disable-ice-9 ?)

1) is the only feature I /really/ miss (and I need it to use hobbit
properly). Apart from this, this compiler really works for the things
I tested it with (*non* trivial programs).

	Miro

--
I refuse to use .sig