module interface changed or changing?

I got really busy and haven't been able to follow guile for months, so
please excuse this rather ignorant comment.

Some time back, there was a lot of talk about changing the high level
interface to the module system.  It sounded like the changes were
going to significant.  In fact, base on that discussion I held back
work on a project where I would like to use guile.  I just took a look
at a recent snapshot of guile and it doesn't look like the high level
module interface has been changed.

My question is, has the work on the module system been completed and
has the high level interface been stablized?  If not, is the current
high level interface DOA and has a interface been designed?

I'm certainly no expert, but I think the high level interface to the
modules is good enough that it can be improved without breaking
existing guile modules.  (In fact, I really like it).

I do have a very short wish-list which can be implemented as a very
short macro: Add "export-from-module" which takes a list of names and
does "(define-public <name> #f)" to export the names, then a regular
"define" can be used everyplace else.  This makes it really trivial to
wrap existing scheme code in a guile module.  If the current module
system is not DOA, I'll submit an "export-from-module" patch.

Thank you very much,

Clark McGrew

BTW: If the current module interface is relatively stable and nobody
is currently working on it, but there is a wish list of improvements,
I'd be willing to try and implement them.  I'm no expert, but I could
probably manage some test implementations for others to criticize.