usable guile version.

hello. I'm trying to get a minamally usable version of guile going.  I'll
expain what i mean by that...  i would need the "core" and newer tcltk
features, in a 386 binary.  every time i go to make my own binary from the
snapshots, i keep getting problems from either codeing errors, or missing
files.  (after fixing the .x file problem, i found other missing files)
and another version had a error message like:

scmsigs.c: In function `scm_usleep':
scmsigs.c:367: void value not ignored as it ought to be
scmsigs.c:365: warning: `j' might be used uninitialized in this function
make[1]: *** [scmsigs.lo] Error 1

after having attempted this, i have figured i should ask for what approach
i should be taking to try to get these binaries.. so here it goes...
what would be my most reasonable way to obtain these binaries?

	Corey Sweeney