Re: Getting off the ground (also matrix stuff)

Telford Tendys <telford@eng.uts.edu.au> writes:

> I'll admit that I have a lot more reading of scheme to do before I
> get that really under control (I'll try to finish this book on the
> weekend). I know I'll sound pretty dumb here, but I couldn't
> actually get access to ANY of the matrix functions from mguile. Now
> I know that it has something to do with modules, and I know that the
> modules are *.lo and *.la files and I know there's some scheme
> command that must be executed to make the module link itself
> dynamically -- but I couldn't get it to work <aaargh>.

Err, not quite. Modules are .scm files - they're just a way to
restrict namespaces in Scheme. You can load/initialize .so files with
(dynamic-call 'function (dynamic-link "foo.so")).

.lo and .la files are used by libtool. Hmm, generally when I need
shared lib, I just write automakefile (that's Makefile.am) and handle
compilation from there. Now, you need .so files to link with Guile, so
you call dynamic-link with install path and make sure that the .so is
always installed before running Guile.

This works, but makes compile cycle longer (by copying the files).

--
I refuse to use .sig