Re: Thread test code?

Sascha Ziemann <szi@aibon.ping.de> writes:

> karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
>
> |  I've got a Debian GNU/Linux package almost all ready to ship, of a
> | recent guile snapshot.  I am trying to determine whether it will be ok
> | to ship with thread support compiled in.  It needs to work with
> | `gnome-guile' and `scwm'.
>
> Gtk 1.0 is not thread safe. Perhaps a later will be, but the current isn't.

This is not a proper argument against enabling threads in the Debian
package.  If Guile is thread safe itself, I don't see why the
existence of a non-thread-safe Guile library should prevent users in
general from the benefit of threads.

Also, note that as long as the user refrains from calls to
`make-thread' or `begin-thread', no nasty things will happen, even
with Gtk.  :)

/mdj