Re: Guile / Glibc compilation woes

Mark Galassi wrote:

> That's kind of weird: I'm running an out-of-the-box RedHat 5.0 machine
> (uses glibc2) and Guile starts up just fine.
>
> I wonder if you might have some old crud sticking around from previous
> installations of Guile.  Have you tread a very clean build/install?

As clean as I could make it. I even deleted the whole source tree and
untarred it again, skipped the install and made sure to run "./guile"
instead of guile, etc. I'm curious, is my gcc or binutils out of date?
Generally when weird stuff like this happens (usually in a program like
Wine or Gimp), updating gcc may do the trick. Currently I'm on gcc
2.7.2.3 and binutils 2.8.1.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>/ http://genpc.home.ml.org
Unix / Linux / Windows Hacker,  / Boycott Microsoft!
Anime & Sonic Fan,             / Use Linux/GNU!
All Around Nice Guy           / Let's keep the Net and the Land FREE!