Newbie question

Dear Guile lovers,

   I've just installed Guile 1.2 on FreeBSD, but I coulnd't even
   get the learn0.c program in "The Guile Tutorial" complied.
   According to the tutorial, I need to compile learn0.c with

		gcc -o learn0 learn0.o -lguile -lgh -lm

   But there is no libgh.a in my distribution. Is my distribution
   missing something? I doubt it because libgh.a is never mentioned
   in the documents that came with the package, and it is nowhere to be
   found in Makefiles. If I compile without -gh, I get

	learn0.o: Undefined symbol gh_startup' referenced from text segment

   What is my problem? Please shed me some light. If I can't get a simple
   guile program running to show my friends, I'll be forced to use c
   instead....:(

   Thank you very much!