Re: Squile

    Klaus> Hal Roberts writes:
    >> I've thrown together a simple sql interface for guile.  It has
    >> support for both mysql and msql databases.

    Klaus> As those engines are not free software -... how hard would
    Klaus> it be to provide an interface of guile to GNU-SQL instead
    Klaus> of the mentioned ones?

    Klaus>           Klaus Schilling

<RANT type=minor>
While mysql and msql are not FREE, they are sufficiently unrestricted to
be in very wide use.  GNUSQL, while free, is not in wide use (and iirc
is still alpha/beta).  Providing support for GNUSQL is a worthwhile
addition to squile, but adding oracle, sybase, and informix hooks would
also be good.  If Guile is to suceed as a 'universal' scripting language
it must not support free software to the exclusion of hoarded software.
(Of course, we should always be able to create cooler things with free
software - we can pore over source to build better links to it.)
</RANT>

-pate