Re: Squile

Klaus Schilling wrote:

> Hal Roberts writes:
>  > I've thrown together a simple sql interface for guile.  It has support
>  > for both mysql and msql databases.
>
> As those engines are not free software -... how hard would it be to provide
> an interface of guile to GNU-SQL instead of the mentioned ones?
>
>           Klaus Schilling

I'll certainly take a look at gnu sql and see if it would be reasonably
portable.  Someone else has suggested that I include iODBC support.  In
between iODBC and gnusql, squile would support at least five different
sql engines.

Right now, I'm really just curious if anyone's got any use for this.  I
wrote the basic package just for my own use, and I've got all the
functionality that I really need.  I'm happy to hack on it if other
people are gonna use the thing, but I'm waiting at this point to see if
that's the case.

-hal