Re: application init files

Lars Arvestad <arve@nada.kth.se> writes:

> Have you looked at The Dotfile Generator
> (http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/dotfile/)?
> I might be what you want.

That was probably my inspiration. :-)

The problem with the dot file generator is that you (the programmer, or
the dotfile generator programmers) must write an interpreter for each
kind of dotfile that will be supported, and then you must write an
interface for the dot file generator.  And all this in tcl, I beleive?

My idea is a litte more abstract -- by specifying a fairly simple profile of
your application's configurable variables you would get a fairly nice
configuration editor.  And the editor itself would be interface non-specific:
it could use curses, or gtk, or an elisp app (or preferably all of the above).

Cheers,

--
James Dean Palmer
Crossroads Graphics Editor