Re: application init files

Excerpts from ext.guile: 29-Jan-98 bitvector efficiency Jim
Blandy@red-bean.com (342*)

> To make Guile talk binary protocols, you'd really like something like
> Perl's pack/unpack.  At the moment, Guile doesn't have anything like
> that.  Guile has bitvectors, but I don't think it converts them to
> strings easily.

> However, it should be easy to write functions to pack and unpack
> network packets in C that are callable from Scheme.

The ILU support for Guile already automatically includes support for the
ONC RPC (Sun RPC, with XDR) binary protocol, the OMG CORBA `IIOP'
protocol, the Web HTTP protocol, and the XNS Cou rier RPC protocol.  See
ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html for sources to the Guile/ILU
work.

Bill