Re: application init files

"Robert E. Brown" <brown@bibliotech.com> writes:

> I am faced with a work project right now where one application reads several
> init files, and each uses its own bizarre syntax.  The situation is really
> bothering me, since at my last job, my programs stored data on disk as the
> print representation of Scheme association lists.

This would put a stop on several silly threads on GNOME mailing
list. Do you think it'd be feasible to write a C lib that opens a pipe
to Guile process (allowing macroexpansion, system probing,
evaluations, etc), reads the final setup and shuts down the slave
Guile? (naturally, ice-9 would have to be compiled with hobbit for
reasonable startup time).

--
I refuse to use .sig