Separate execution spaces (not threads)

I wasn't exactly sure how to describe this. The above probably is
nowhere near accurate, but it's close.

What I want to know is: Does Guile have any capability to act like Emacs
Lisp in that several buffers in the same mode can be created, each with
a possibly different set of local variables? Or is it that once a piece
of Guile code is executed, the variables defined there become more or
less global to the C or similar language that executes the commands?

Nathan