guile GC -- expanding heap size and finalization support?

1)  Is there a way to control the size of the heap in guile?
Specifically,  I would like to control the timing of gc invocation,
because it causes a pause in my animations.  Increasing the heap size
makes the pauses less frequent.

2)  Is there any support for finalization in the guile gc?

I have checked the documentation and the mailing list archives and not
found any mention of these things.

Cliff

--
Clifford Beshers                     Computer Graphics and User Interfaces Lab
beshers@cs.columbia.edu                         Department of Computer Science